For the last decade social media has grasped a huge importance and significance in the whole world. Social media has its huge part in making the world a global village, as it interact people from all around the world at the same platform where they can communicate, interact, share loads of information and use social media platforms for a whole lot of other purposes. Social media has a ton of advantages and with also pros, it has also got some disadvantages, so both the pros and cons of social media are described below,
Pros of Social Media
It’s a fact that social media has a series of pros and it is benefitting the human race one way or another. Some of the rich cons that social media presumes are,
- Vast Information source – It’s sure a fact whether a person wants some information on how to sew his or her sweater or some facts on the current or international affairs surely they are going to use social media for such purpose.
- Social Interactions – Millions of people from all around the world interact on social media platforms to share knowledge, idea, facts and other good information for mutual benefits.
- Global Friendships – Social media is the source through which people from all around the world interact and become friends removing all those barriers of races, cultures and their countries.
Cons of social media
Social media sure has some of its dark aspects on the human behaviors we are experiencing now-a-days, some of the major reasons are,
- Overwhelming information – Now, there are too much people on social media, honestly, millions of them, and all people share a ton of information on daily basis and the problems is it’s impossible to find out which are facts and which aren’t.
- Time Wastage – Most of the people, importantly youth waste time on social media platform without even realizing it.
- Affects Lifestyle – Honestly, if a person is not using it productively and using it for other disadvantageous purposes it can badly affect their lifestyle.
An Overall Analysis
Several pros and cons of social media are described above but an analysis is that, It’s all related to the usage of an individual, if an individual is using it for informative and productive source then it can be a major tool of productivity, if not then it will result badly making you an unproductive individual.