“What’s for dinner?” After a hectic day, there are times you’d like to reply to that query with, “Whatever you decide to eat!” If you had a few prepared meals, that had just been delivered yesterday, waiting in your freezer, you wouldn’t have to be so rude. You could politely respond with, “How about spinach mushroom lasagna with a light pesto sauce, light of my life?”
Prepared meals, waiting for you at your door, are an absolute joy to behold, especially after having “one of those days.” In fact, there are multiple joys associated with those sublime packages of nutritional and culinary delight that grace your doorway every week. Heck, let’s just say there are 5 joys that make home-delivered, prepared meals something akin to manna from Heaven, and here they are:
- They’re delicious! No, really, they are. We’re not talking those mass-produced, grocery store frozen dinners that were produced months ago. Prepared food companies, such as MagicKitchen.com, have chefs on staff that create delicious meals you will love. The ingredients are fresh and they aren’t required to use a truck load of sodium as a preservative. They also flash-freeze them immediately after cooking and deliver them packed in dry ice to ensure freshness.
- They’re convenient! Come on, they only way they could be MORE convenient would be if they came with Alfred the butler (after he had attended to Batman, that is) to thaw them out, heat them up and then serve them to you in the room of your choice. Rather than slaving away in your kitchen, you could be out shopping, or golfing, or base jumping, whatever flicks your switch.
- They’re individualized! Need meals for a diabetic, vegetarian, or someone with a specific allergy? Not a problem. Need meals that are heart-healthy, low-carb, or gluten-free? Not a problem. Most prepared meal companies offer you a myriad of options. Try preparing meals on your own while meeting all those demands…good luck with that.
- They’re affordable! Do the math next time you head to the grocery store. And it’s more than what you see on that receipt. There’s also the value of your time to factor into the total cost. Time to drive to and from, time you spend wandering those aisles, time you spend loading, unloading and putting the groceries away, and finally, the time you spend preparing and cooking all those meals. Time = money, get the picture?
- They’re customizable! What’s your favorite side dish? Rice pilaf? Rosemary potatoes? Brussel sprouts (someone somewhere has got to like them)? Then order it, or them, with your meals. Would you care for dessert? Perhaps some chocolate ganache or a lemon tarte? Then order…heck, you get the idea!
Webster’s defines joy as: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying. When you see those prepared meals on your doorstep…yep, that about sums it up!