Web development is a world where things change quickly and consistently. For small businesses, adapting to change is a complicated task. As far as small businesses are concerned, they have only one thing to focus on: conversion rate.
Small businesses look for best websites that can guide their customers through to action. It depends upon the nature of business and its goals, whether the action is sales, query resolution or anything else, but the major concern is to stimulate action.
Here, a good web design becomes vitally important for businesses. If not more, a good website design is as important as SEO and other internet marketing methods.
Here are 3 major rules for a conversion-friendly website.
Focus On Basic Design
The process of making a selling website starts from the point where you chose visually engaging design for your audience. It must have clear guidelines to direct visitors to act.
- SEO experts Toronto recommend creating a site that should be easy-to-scan, because readers tend to browse the content rather them reading it word-by-word. This practice forces us to avoid text-heavy pages, especially for mobile users who are more inclined to get relevant information as quick as they can.
- The text must be clear and short. It must address what company offers or produces, that’s relevant with their needs. At the same time, the content must guide visitors through to buy the product or service. It includes making clear and direct call to action, instead of hyped language which fails to engage customers most of the time.
- There must be continuous choices across the website, making it easier for the audience to navigate. Labeling and navigation menus are important here, and they must be placed logically to assist users. “Above the fold” area must be allocated for important information, followed by its detail below the fold.
- Search option is important as it aids users to find what they want without wasting their time.
All in all, it is the ease and sophistication that encourage users to buy.
Pay Attention To Conversion Tools
Beyond the basics, there are other features that can make a huge difference. Some of them include customer reviews, live chat assistance and email capture.
These features lead customers to purchase, if he’s already in buying mode.
- Reviews build trust and confidence that the company maintains transparency.
- Customers can resolve their issues and ask their queries through live chat option.
- Email capture enables you to deal with problems like cart abandonment. Different types of widgets, like Rejoiner, enable business owners to remind customers of their incomplete transactions through email capture.
Test Before Launch
While basic designs and features seem to accomplish the job, you should also look for new trends to adapt your website with modern trends and features. A/B testing can be implemented before launching a website. It indicates which of the two most relevant and professional designs should give you the best results.
Unlike most small business who cannot afford extensive A/B testing, others should invest in this tool to make sure, the chosen design will lead customers to make online purchases. The more you test, the better it is for your website to get better. Through testing, designers can identify good or not so good elements on the website. They can make necessary adjustment for improved user experience. There may be something that looked great in development phase, but turned out otherwise in later stages.
Wise business owners stay updated with modern trends in the industry. So, they assess their sites and keep on improving on-site customer experience. Because of the changes in taste, fashion and preferences, your website needs to be flexible enough to give users a fresh look every time they visit.